Engine Dyno Technician
£18.05 Ltd Co
An Engine Dyno Technician is required with knowledge of dyno cell equipment and systems including engine installation components. Candidates with experience of calibration tools would be well received.
This company based in Basildon requires an Engine Dyno Technician with knowledge of first line fault diagnosis for a new contract role. As an Engine Dyno Technician, you will be required to:
- Interface with workshop and test facilities department to prepare engines for dyno testing; performance and emissions calibration development to homologation stage.
- Ensure that calibration dynos are operating with representative engine hardware (i.e. ordering/receiving and updating of parts).
- Specify and arrange installation of required instrumentation with relevant workshop groups.
- Support various controlled test on various Powertrain units.
- Accurate collection and validation of data to prove integrity.
The Engine Dyno Technician should have the following skills or experience:
- Knowledge of Dyno cell equipment and engine installation components; specific knowledge of AVL Puma Test control system and the setting up of MEI, UUT etc. would be an advantage.
- Experience of Diesel Engines, a knowledge of their design
- Experienced in dealing with workshop environment/processes
- Sufficient knowledge and skills to enable first line fault diagnosis
- Experience of calibration tools an advantage
- Ability to organise mechanical repairs and investigative work.
- Good communication skills in English language, written and oral.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with an engineering background with excellent communication and organisation skills to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Basildon based automotive company will offer you:
- £18.05 Ltd Co.
If you have any questions about the Engine Dyno Technician role or would like to apply, please contact Tina Field at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889259.