£15.00 - 18.06 per hour
about 2 months ago
Vehicle Technician - 54084
Up to £18.06 (Inside IR35)
Contract Position based in: Basildon, Essex
Short term contract initially
Automotive - Electrified Powertrains
Join a team responsible for delivering calibrations across many MHEV, PHEV & BEV applications. To support this work, they have a fleet of development vehicles to develop calibrations and perform sign off. This role is to manage this fleet of vehicles.
- Work with the calibration engineers and the instrumentation team to ensure that development vehicles are instrumented to meet the engineers requirements. This will include using laptops to set up the required databases.
- Work with the prototype build teams, calibration engineers and workshop to manage any repairs or updates required to maintain the fleet of vehicles.
- Ensure software and calibration levels are up to date on development vehicles by coordinating relevant teams and also flash test software and calibration.
- Maintain records on all vehicles and ensure vehicles are taxed, registered and have relevant documentation.
- Work alongside calibration engineers to support data logging tasks including wind tunnel support and on track/road driving.
- Support the wider team with vehicle benchmarking activities and vehicle updates.
- Support in territory climate sign off trips as required.
- Arrange shipping of vehicles and components to test locations and supplier sites.
- Prepare vehicles for emissions lab and chamber work.
- Self-motivated with excellent team skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Good administrative skills
- Good persuasive and negotiation skills
- Willingness to learn new skills (including communicating with vehicle modules/components)
- Ability to quickly obtain and grow knowledge in a rapidly developing technology
- Must be a good team player and communicator with a willingness to support the team and assist others to a shared goal.
- Some experience of vehicle modules/software and associated tools desirable.
- Knowledge of current hybrid technologies and components desirable or a willingness to learn.
- Must have valid UK or EU driving licence.
Please James Tilley for more details.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.