Job title: Engine Development Test Engineer
Industry: Diesel Engines
An Engine Development Test Engineer opportunity has become available for one of the world's leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
An opening has become available for a diesel engine development test engineer to join the Product Development team in the team working on 0.5 to 2.2 range of engines.
This is an exciting opportunity to carry out validation development work that will make significant contributions to the NPI programs for these engines.
The engines are used in machine, industrial and electric power applications. You will also be responsible for participating in, and where appropriate leading, prompt and robust RCCA identification and implementation when issues arise.
Key areas of responsibility encountered in this role may include any of the following:
- Accountable for the delivery of customer requirements (engine build, test and strip), as defined in the project, and to master control plan dates.
- Provide support to planning team & processes to ensure that engine and all required test equipment is available in advance.
- Creation & management of build and/or test instructions for engine installation/removal, testing, daily checks, servicing & rework.
- Responsible for progression of test cell and engine mechanical issues, and communication of progress to customer. Form a close partnership with customer and technician groups to maximise test cell utilisation.
- Communication and tracking of engine mechanical defects / failures ensuring data and failed components are available for review.
- Data analysis, tracking and recognition of discrepancies in engine performance & endurance test data using best practices.
- Engine/component strip assessment, concern identification & technical report writing.
- Define & maintain metrics to drive improvement actions.
- Creating and updating engine test procedures.
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- Experience in a prototype engine test / development environment is required. Able to demonstrate a good understanding of base engine fundamentals.
- Engineering degree preferred but HNC/HND level candidates who possess a strong engine development background and the desire to develop and exhibit the required competencies will be considered.
- Committed to continuous improvement, with an understanding of 6 Sigma processes.
- Logical problem solving skills are essential, as is the tenacity to ensure that results are delivered 'right first time' and within quality and time targets.
Please call James Tilley for more details.