- Sector: Off-Highway
- Function: Powertrain
- Contact: James Tilley
- Contact Email: James.email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446126
- Expiry Date: 23 December 2021
- Job Ref: 59920
Core Engine Development Engineer
Up to £38/hr - Inside IR35
Peterborough/Remote - Hybrid
The successful applicant for this position will take responsibility for the development activities of Core engine components and systems.
Core components includes in-cylinder, block/head, sealing systems, bolted joints, bearings, geartrain, pumps, lubrication & cooling system componentry, FEAD.
Candidates should be experienced in performing elements as below:
- Execution of Core Engine System validation activities
- New product development technical issue resolution.
- Conducting FMEA on components and systems to identify and address design risks and determine validation needs.
- Plan and execute validation tests.
- Conducting component and system design reviews
- Support resolution to production, test and field issues, diagnose issues to root cause, put in place containment actions, and develop permanent corrective actions. Work with suppliers and keep stakeholders informed of progress and decisions.
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- Strong technical background (technical degree preferred in mechanical, electronic, electrical, or automotive engineering) though other qualifications / experience will be considered.
- Knowledge of industrial diesel engine operation and requirements
- Prior Core Engine development and validation experience
- Understanding of manufacturing diesel engine assembly processes.
- 8D problem solving, Creation and Maintenance of DVP&R
- Experience of running and participating in FMEA
- Knowledge and usage of Team Centre - data management software
Please contact James Tilley for more details.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.