Communications and Events Manager
A Communications and Events Manager is required to lead the engagement of a broad range of stakeholders and potential partners to activate a national programme of projects delivering the organisation’s strategy. Candidates with significant marketing or promotional experience within a business environment would be well received.
Due to increased workloads this organisation, created to enhance the UK’s engineering capability, based in London, requires a proactive Communications and Events Manager to drive the creation and adoption of digital technology and science across the UK automotive sector. As a Communications and Events Manager you will be required to:
- Lead all Marketing and PR activity including the organisation of, and participation in, events relating to the organisation or associated projects and programmes
- Lead the business development of the organisation through the generation and maintenance of a high value network across the UK and beyond
- Plan and lead the initial engagement of potential affiliates, partners or stakeholders on behalf of the organisation
- Manage the CRM database or partners, collaborators, stakeholders & influencers across Industry OEM’s, Supply Chain, SME’s, Technology sectors, Government and Academia.
- Prepare management reports from the data collected
- Develop and deliver a Social Media strategy for the organisation and associated partners and projects in the delivery of the UK strategy (including but not limited to Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Manage the brand and its further development across all physical and digital channels
- Develop and deliver a new Website which clearly represents the core mission, strategy, values and methodologies, as well as effectively communicating the organisation’s associates, partnerships and projects.
- Support the team in the creation and presentation of appropriate and highly professional materials and assets in support of PR, Marketing, Social Media, Web, Events, & Funding calls.
- Support the operational requirements of the Advisory Board and the CEO’s Operational Group meetings, including the preparation and circulating agendas / papers in a timely and efficient manner
- Manage IDE (Key Performance Indicators) KPI tracking and reporting relating to the role (including project status updates and match funding reporting)
The Communications and Events Manager should have the following skills or experience:
- Ideally degree qualified
- Significant experience within a customer focussed environment
- Experience of dealing with people in a variety of complex and difficult situations
- Business Development experience in the Digital or Industrial sectors
- Technological and social media experience
- Web development and content management experience
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with PR and events management experience within the Digital, Engineering or Industrial sectors to develop your career. In return for your experience, this London based organisation will offer you:
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Communications and Events Manager and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Communications and Events Manager role, please contact Paul Branton at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 455525.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.