Up to £25295 per annum
about 2 years ago
Energy Projects Assessor
Based in Nottingham
Paying up to £25,295
An Energy Projects Assessor is required by Nottingham City Council to effectively deliver their energy generation projects and energy efficiency targets.
This role will be to assist in the delivery of energy surveys/option modelling and assist in coordinating energy efficiency works that will help to reduce energy consumption, cost and carbon emissions both internally and commercially. You will undertake Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) surveys and option modelling ensuring it is delivered on schedule, to budget and to achieve the outcomes required
As an Energy Projects Assessor your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Undertake Energy Audits of internal sites and external customers as required to support a wide range of activities, ensuring they are delivered on schedule, to budget and to achieve the outcomes required
- Assist in the development of ESOS Phase 2 and related regulatory compliance services the team offers to commercial clients
- Proactively manage workload, anticipate problems before they happen, suggest ways to reach project goals under constantly changing circumstances and report them to the Energy Projects Service Manager
- Provide assistance to project managers in managing day to day project operations and communications with tenants and building managers
- Assist in the assigning of, monitoring and workflow of tasks; setting daily and weekly work targets
- To support effective communication throughout the projects, working closely with colleagues and partners ensuring that projects are on course for completion
- Escalate major project discrepancies (risk, cost, time etc) to the Energy Projects Service Manager on a timely basis and advise on corrective actions
- Assist in project reviews and quality assurance procedures
- Support the Energy Projects Manager in identifying any discrepancies in legal, statutory and other relevant provisions governing or affecting allocated projects
As an Energy Projects Assessor you will require the following skills and experiences:
- Ability to provide technical advice and recommendations for EPC regulation compliance.
- Practical experience of energy auditing in a wide range of customers.
- Experience in the application of Project Management practical techniques to enable monitoring and control of individual programmes and projects.
- Awareness of the legislation surrounding the energy sector.
- Energy/environmental degree or equivalent (e.g. ESOS Lead Assessor, Domestic/Commercial EPC Assessor, DEC Assessor etc.).