Up to £24657 per annum + Additional benefits
over 1 year ago
An Energy Project Officer is required by Nottingham City Council to effectively deliver their energy generation projects and energy efficiency targets.
This role will be to support the Energy Projects Manager to assist in the delivery of energy projects and assist in coordinating energy efficiency works that will help the meet the Carbon Management Plan targets to reduce energy consumption, cost and carbon emissions. You will ensure that projects are delivered on schedule, to budget and to achieve the outcomes set down for a successful delivery.
As an Energy Project Officer your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Support the operation of the Council's energy efficiency fund by developing and maintaining energy projects; agreeing loans, keeping processes, procedures and evidence up to date, assessing and reporting performance, ensuring accuracy of recharging and complying with data capture requirements.
- Carrying out energy audits/surveys in buildings.
- Proactively manage the Project Management Office, anticipate problems before they happen, suggest ways to reach project goals under constantly changing circumstances and report them to the project manager.
- Provide assistance to project managers in managing day to day project operations and communications.
- Assist in managing the project, budget, timeline and risks and report variances.
- Assist in the assigning of, monitoring and workflow of tasks; setting daily and weekly work targets.
- To support effective communication throughout the project, working closely with colleagues and partners ensuring that the project is on course for completion.
- Escalate major project discrepancies to the project manager on a timely basis and advise on corrective actions.
- The post will deliver the DREeM (Deep Retrofit Energy Model) energy project work within schools/public buildings. This will include: supporting with design and delivery of an innovative whole-place solution and undertaking evaluation to ensure that the net energy usage has been brought down to the targeted zero.
- The post holder will attend Project Steering Group meetings where required and be an integral member of any associated working groups.
As an Energy Project Officer you will require the following skills and experiences:
- Experience of energy audits/surveys.
- Experience in the application of Project Management practical techniques to enable monitoring and control of individual programmes and projects.
- Experience of working in an energy function and engaging with other service areas such as finance, property, maintenance and transport.
- Awareness of the legislation surrounding the energy sector.
- Understanding of energy markets and their drivers.
- Ability to write compelling business cases.
- Ideally you hold an energy/environmental degree or related qualification.
This is a great opportunity to develop your energy career within one of the UK's most forward thinking local authorities. In return our client can offer a salary of £24,657pa plus excellent additional benefits. If you would like to discuss this opportunity further then please call 01384 397555 and ask for Les Hines or email you CV .