Employee Relations Officer - 53116
£20.84 Ltd Co
An Employee Relations Officer is required with experience of working in a customer facing position, preferably in close association with operational teams.
This company based in Dagenham requires an Employee Relations Officer to support all resourcing requirements in customer areas for a new contract role.
The Employee Relations Officer should have the following skills or experience:
- Work closely with the Senior Employee Relations Officer and HR Manager on all matters related to their customer area.
- To provide guidance and support to line management on HR Cycle plan activities such as performance management and compensation planning.
- To use data to proactively identify business needs and collaborate with stakeholders to develop and deliver continuous improvements, aligned to the business strategy.
- Policy Interpretation and Implementation
- Advise and support Line Managers, Supervisors, Trade Union Representatives and all Employees both Hourly and Salaried with the interpretation and implementation of Company policies that impact a broad range of employment matters. These include; diversity and equal opportunity, internal and external recruitment, retirements as examples.
- Working with key stakeholders, including Occupational Health, on the management of both casual and long-term absence cases in their customer areas, reducing cost and resourcing impacts on the business. This will include providing advice and guidance where necessary on; return to work plans, medical resolutions, restricted worker and capability processes.
- Manage all formal investigations including in their areas.
- Work with the business to identify investigation themes and implement targeted actions.
- HR Transactions
- Collaborate with the PeopleFirst Team on Hourly and Salary transactions including employee moves, promotions, shift changes and mass uploads.
- Support the UK HR Service Centre with Hourly employee processes including: absence management, jury service and recruitment.
- Work closely with the Payroll Team on all pay related items including: mass changes, pay queries, provisional payments.
- Incumbents must be able to put customers, employees and partners and the centre of everything they do.
- Be able to demonstrate resilience and the ability to overcome challenges.
- Applicants must be organised and have high quality professional verbal and written communication skills and be able to provide clear and practical HR support.
- Applicants must be able to seek ways of improving the HR brand and service in Dagenham Engine Plant.
- Demonstrate accountability for your respective customer area and work proactively with the Business to resolve issues using current HR knowledge and understanding.
- Applicants must be able to work well within a cross-functional team with multiple stakeholder and be able to support the wider HR team as and when required.
- Preference will be given to candidates who can demonstrate that they have taken particular steps to develop their knowledge and understanding of the role of the HR function and the skills required to perform a HR position.
- Employee Relations experience at an advisor level is required
- Applicants should have experience of working in a customer facing position, preferably in close association with operational teams.
- This is a graduate position and therefore, candidates applying should be degree qualified (minimum 2:2) or have a recognised equivalent.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with working within the Trade Union in a Manufacturing environment to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Dagenham based automotive company will offer you:
- £20.84 Ltd Co
If you have any questions about the Employee Relations Officer role or would like to apply, please contact Tina Field at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889259
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.