- Sector: Manufacturing & Materials
- Function: Field Service & Engineering
- Contact: Matthew Stride
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446108
- Expiry Date: 03 February 2022
- Job Ref: 60173
- To assist the Management & Engineers in running the Emissions Lab.
- To be fully conversant with the job requirements being able to implement both written and verbal instructions to meet project/customer requirements.
- To take instructions and form the basic outline of a day-to-day test schedule taking into account equipment and personnel availability.
- To produce consistent vehicle test data/reports to meet project/client demand.
- Assist clients in determining project and customer tasks and objectives
- To have an appreciation of legislated emission test limits and some processes
- To work effectively and harmoniously with client/project engineers, external clients and service engineers both on and off-site.
- To understand Lab protocols and there implementation and be able to follow those protocols and quality system requirements, recording and keeping accurate records.
- To work effectively as a team member and lead/guide subordinate/trainee members of the team on day-to-day activities.
- To assist in the implementation & monitoring of all Lab calibration requirements.
- To understand & implement all personal, Lab, & team H&S requirements and its areas of responsibility, (fuel, gas store etc).
- Recognised apprenticeship in a related discipline automotive, mechanical, electrical, or electronics.
- GCSE 'C' grades in Maths, English, Science
- Good working knowledge of vehicle emissions testing processes in a laboratory environment. Must be able to use Horiba Stars-Vets OS to a test standard.
- Good verbal and written skills
- PC Literate
- Good problem solving abilities
- Good hands on engineering skills
- Good all-round knowledge of vehicle powertrain/transmissions systems.
- Experience and knowledge of test facilities or similar testing environments
- Team player
- Motivated & motivator
- Able to make and rationalise decisions when appropriate
- Good communicator using all media
- B.TEC in automotive, mechanical, electrical, electronic discipline
- NVQ 2 Emissions Tester
- Detailed knowledge of vehicle testing and appreciation of emissions legislation in a laboratory environment.
- Above average level of PC literacy
- Negotiation skills
- Extensive experience of base engine & vehicle build and control systems. Some understanding of vehicle emission testing legislation
- Understanding of team dynamics and results delivery
- Confident and assured when dealing with clients on & off site
- Area of work is predominantly the Emission Laboratory but can include Engine Test Cells, SAC, vehicle workshops and the facilities area in general.
- As part of the Lab team they will work closely with Engine management teams and to a lesser extent the vehicle workshop technicians.
- They will also work regularly with manufacturing COP/Quality Audit teams.
- Any junior staff (apprentices & lower grades) may be mentored and supervised whilst maintaining the effectiveness of the overall team
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with an emissions background. In return for your experience, this Hethel based automotive company will offer you:
- Permanent Contract
- 20 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Paid Overtime
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.