- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Powertrain
- Contact: James Tilley
- Contact Email: James.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446126
- Duration: 12 months
- Start Date: ASAP
- Expiry Date: 15 June 2022
- Job Ref: 61312
Emissions and RDE Calibration Engineer - 37810
Rate: Up to £27.97/hr - Inside IR35
Contract Position based at: Whitley, Gaydon and Ansty Park
An experienced Emissions Calibration Engineer is required to join an established team working on current and future applications and technologies. The role involves vehicle based emissions calibration activities primarily focussed on real world driving." The candidate must be able to demonstrate professionalism, diligence and a focus on technical delivery in a calibration team environment.
- Tailpipe emissions test
- Data analysis of engine management and emissions data
- Calibration and Controls
- Minimum qualification of a degree (or equivalent) in relevant engineering subject, e.g. Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience in a calibration and controls team in an emissions or performance function.
- Experience in identifying and solving root cause of complex combustion or emissions calibration related problems.
- Experienced user of engineering tools such as Matlab, Simulink, DIADEM, INCA, Concerto and CRETA.
- Experience of working within a calibration team and applying and improving methods, processes and engineering tools.
- Fundamental understanding of combustion engine and aftertreatment operation (Gasoline and Diesel) and control theory required.
- Master of Science or PhD qualification preferred.
- Experience applying control theory preferred.
- Knowledge of thermodynamics desirable. Interpretation and specification of emissions simulation data
** THIS POSITION IS CONFIRMED INSIDE IR35 **
For further information, please send your interest and CV to - email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.