£15 - 20 per hour
3 months ago
Emissions Measurement Technician
Up to £20.00 per hour (Inside IR35)
Reporting directly to the Engineering Section Manager, this vacancy is an installation, servicing, calibration and repair position which will contribute to the successful implementation and maintenance of engine emissions measurement equipment.
The role will assist engineers in conducting technical investigations of current and future emissions measurement technologies and processes both in laboratory and field environments. Operating in a fast paced and professional technical environment, this role will provide an interesting variety of responsibilities and activities, with the opportunity to work both as part of a wider team and independently utilising initiative.
- Practical, hands-on responsibility for evaluating and deploying measurement equipment
- Operating measurement equipment and conducting diagnostic investigations
- Equipment evaluation and collation/distribution of findings
- Total Preventative Maintenance (TPM) and calibration of emissions measurement equipment
- Modifications to facility plant/test rigs and equipment
- Evaluating new products and processes in the emissions measurement discipline
- Provide first line breakdown cover which will include shift work (including some weekends)
Skills & Experience Required:
- Either qualified through a technical apprenticeship with electro-mechanical bias or equivalent extensive industry experience
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings and schematics
- Previous experience of onsite PEMS testing
- Previous experience and theoretical knowledge of gaseous measurement systems (AVL/Horiba) to include calibration/maintenance/fault finding
- Previous experience of Particulate Mass and Particle Number instruments
- Experience of working in an engine test cell environment
- Understanding of Root Cause Analysis techniques and permanent corrective actions
- Competent in Microsoft Office Suite
- Full UK Driving License
- BTC, HNC or equivalent in an engineering discipline
Please contact James Tilley for more details.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.