£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
about 1 year ago
Emissions Measurement Systems Engineer
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 (Depending on Experience)
Location: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Benefits: 25 days annual leave,
10-12% Bonus (Depending on Experience),
Contributory pension scheme, contributory share scheme
An Emissions Measurement Systems Engineer is required to join a leading off-highway organisation based in Peterborough.
Within the Industrial Power Systems Division, Global Engine Development is responsible for the execution of engine development programs. This role will support the Emissions Measurement Services in our dedicated state of the art Europe Research & Development Centre in Peterborough. Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager, this vacancy is an engineering position that will contribute to the successful implementation and maintenance of engine emissions measurement equipment and processes.
The day to day work will involve leadership and execution of projects within the team and support developing measurement techniques for future engine emissions legislation. This role will primarily focus on becoming a key member of the facility-wide certification testing group as well as conducting investigatory work to further improve measurement accuracy and reliability.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
* Evaluation, selection, and deployment of measurement equipment.
* Operation of measurement equipment and diagnostic investigations.
* Collation and distribution of findings in technical reports.
* Complex fault finding, working alongside the local technician group.
* Design modifications to facility plant, test rigs and equipment.
* Develop, document and maintain processes in the emissions measurement field.
Candidates will have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
* Experience of working in an engine test cell environment or with relevant measurement systems.
* Team working skills to operate effectively with engineers and technicians in technical investigations and processes.
* Excellent attention to detail and a focus on quality.
* Emphasis on initiative and self-starting tasks with the capacity for continuous learning.
* Excellent communication and analytical skills, with the ability to provide concise insights, conclusions and recommendations drawn from complex technical data.
* An Engineering / Technical Degree or be qualified through relevant work experience.
* Strong PC Skills are essential, able to use Excel to intermediate standard or higher.
Candidates may have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
* Theoretical knowledge and practical experience of emissions measurement techniques.
* Experience in engine exhaust emissions certification.
If you are an experienced Emissions Engineer and you are interested in this role, please APPLY NOW. For more information, contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.