£25 - 32 per hour
about 1 month ago
Job Title: Emissions Measurement Systems Engineer
Location: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Rate: Up to £32.00 per hour (Inside IR35)
The Emissions Measurement Systems Engineer will contribute to the successful selection/design, implementation and maintenance of equipment and processes that facilitate development of the next generation of powertrain systems.
The day to day work will involve leadership and execution of projects within the team and support developing measurement techniques for future power system technology testing.
The successful applicant will become a key member of the Test Facilities Engineering team, with opportunities to work on the creation and deployment of new systems, as well as the maintenance and development of current systems.
Candidates will have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
- Experience of working with emissions measurement systems in an engine or vehicle test environment.
- Understanding of emissions instrumentation measurement techniques and working principles.
- Team working skills to operate effectively with engineers and technicians, ability to lead small project teams.
- Excellent attention to detail and a focus on quality.
- Emphasis on initiative and self-starting tasks with the capacity for continuous learning.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills, with the ability to provide concise insights, conclusions and recommendations drawn from complex technical data.
- An Engineering / Technical Degree or be qualified through relevant work experience.
- Proficient in PC operation for engineering software.
- PEMS testing experience.
Technical knowledge of and experience working with the following systems:
- HORIBA MEXA7000/ONE motor exhaust gaseous analysers
- Sierra BG3 or other gravimetric particulate sampling systems
- AVL SESAM I60 or other FTIR
- HORIBA MEXA 2300SPCS or other solid particle counting systems
- AVL 415, 439 and 483
- SENSORS SEMTECH DS+ PEMS or other PEMS
- Flexible to travel as and when required (travel shared between a small team)
- Must be able to travel 4-5 times per year within the EU, maximum 2 weeks each trip.
- Full UK driving licence
Please contact James Tilley for more details.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.