Emissions Engineer - Certification
West Midlands and Warwickshire
A UK national authority for approving new road vehicles, agricultural, off-road vehicles and components. They pride themselves in providing expert international test and certification services for vehicles across the globe.
We are looking to recruit contract engineering staff to support Certification Activity.
This position is specifically targeted to support powertrain emissions type approval and hence it's desirable for candidates to have a background in automotive calibration, powertrain or emissions testing.
The role of the type approval engineer is to liaise with the manufacturer to obtain the technical specification of the type to be approved, to review that information in order to select the tests that need to be carried out and the variants/versions of the type to be tested, to arrange for the tests to be conducted (if necessary appraising the facility for suitability beforehand), to carry out the tests, to finalise the information documents, and finally to compile a technical report and a draft approval certificate.
Each engineer is expected to gain a broad knowledge of Type Approval legislation, Conformity of Production requirements and current and new vehicle legislation. Testing is carried out or witnessed at manufacturer's site or proving grounds, so travelling in the UK and overseas is necessary.
To apply for this position, you should have some of the following:
- Experience required would be automotive engineering based with a preference for candidates to have some experience or appreciation for working to recognised standards.
- Homolagation/certification/vehicle testing or development experience.
- Emissions experience - calibration/test/dyno's.
- Candidates should have strong reporting skills and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Full UK Driving Licence - role will involve travel to various automotive OEM's and testing facilities.
Please get in contact for more details.