- Sector: Off-Highway
- Function: Engineering
- Contact: James Tilley
- Contact Email: James.email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446126
- Duration: 12 months
- Start Date: ASAP
- Expiry Date: 28 July 2022
- Job Ref: 61830
Emissions Compliance Engineer
£25/hr - £32/hr - Inside IR35 (Fully dependant on experience)
Peterborough/Remote - Hybrid
12 month contract
Our client's Emissions Regulations and Compliance (ERC) Group is accountable for interpreting, communicating and leading the enterprise to a strong position of global emissions regulatory compliance.
The UK ERC team works closely with the global emissions experts and U.S. based certification & compliance teams to provide focused regulatory guidance, certification and compliance services for the medium engines' products.
For the right candidate, this role will present opportunity and challenge in equal measures.
Responsibilities will include:
- Has an awareness/understanding of compliance responsibilities associated with worldwide emissions regulations for diesel engines
- Champion a strong understanding and proactive engagement of global (emissions) regulatory compliance requirements
- Lead compliance improvement initiatives utilising existing data sources and systems
- Support compliance processes for the UK ERC group and ensure alignment with >7.1 Litre team where appropriate
- Ensure robust execution of compliance processes across all territories e.g., volume reporting, mandatory conformity of production testing. Work closely with ERC India team in the governance and execution of these processes
- Support robust execution of the Exempt Engine Management Process (EEM)
- Create robust, efficient process documentation and continuously improve those processes
- Some understanding of emissions legislative requirements
- Strong knowledge of engines, engineering degree
- Proficient in key IT software packages that drive efficient processes e.g., Alteryx
- Ability to digest technical / regulatory issues, distil into clear appropriate guidance and champion / lead to resolution
- Strong moral compass. Has a passion for doing things right and to a high standard
- Confident and articulate communicator
- Ability to travel (occasional) and represent our client on a global platform
For further information, please send your interest and CV to – firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.