Emissions Certification Engineer
Up to £20.00ph
An Emissions Certification Engineer specialising in Marine application is required to work for one of the world's leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines. The position will be an initial 6 month contract role based in Peterborough.
Our Clients Emissions Regulations and Conformance (ERC) group is accountable for interpreting, communicating and leading the enterprise to a strong position of global emissions regulatory conformance. The UK ERC team works closely with the Group's global emissions experts and U.S. based certification & conformance teams to provide focused regulatory guidance, engine emissions certification and conformance services.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing a sound understanding engine emissions certification, the associated legal obligations and business processes
- Coaching associated business areas on certification requirements to help ensure successful certification work streams
- Owning and delivering engine emissions certifications from receipt of request, through certificate received, to emissions label implementation and ongoing maintenance
- Maintaining owned emissions certificates and associated labels through life of production
- Developing / fostering a collaborative relationship with global governmental agency representatives
To apply for this Emissions Certification Engineer position you should have some of the following:
- Proven ability to instigate and successfully lead parallel work streams to firm timing and quality targets
- A legal or engineering education / background (desirable but not essential)
- Strong moral compass. A passion for doing things right and to a high standard
- Ability and interest in digesting regulatory materials
- Confident communicator - able to articulate focus on compliance, and to challenge the status quo where necessary, to establish the facts.
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this Emissions Certification Engineer role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship.