Job title: Emissions Certification Engineer
Salary Range: £25 to £40 per hour (fully dependent on experience)
Industry: Diesel Engines
An Emissions Certification Engineer has become available for one of the world’s leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
The UK Emissions and Product Conformance (EPC) team work closely with regulatory experts and U.S. based teams to provide focused regulatory guidance, certification and conformance services.
This is a key role that directly enables our client to sell engines to regulated countries whilst ensuring they robustly adheres to global emissions regulatory standards.
Responsibilities will include:
- Deploying a sound understanding engine emissions certification, the associated legal obligations and business processes
- Coaching associated business areas on certification requirements to help ensure successful certification work streams
- Owning and delivering engine emissions certifications from receipt of request, through certificate received, to emissions label implementation and ongoing maintenance
- Maintaining owned emissions certificates and associated labels through life of production
- Developing / fostering a collaborative relationship with global governmental agency representatives
- Hands on experience in obtaining engine emissions certification
- Proven ability to instigate and successfully lead parallel work streams to firm timing and quality targets
- A legal or engineering education / background
- Strong moral compass. A passion for doing things right and to a high standard
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse functional areas and remote centres of business
- An eye for detail, with a track record in consistently delivering work to a high standard of accuracy
- Ability and interest in digesting regulatory materials
- Confident communicator - able to articulate Caterpillar's focus on compliance, and to challenge the status quo where necessary, to establish the facts.
Please contact James Tilley for more details.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.