- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Powertrain
- Contact: James Tilley
- Contact Email: James.email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446126
- Expiry Date: 08 February 2022
- Job Ref: 60245
Emissions Calibration Engineer - 37604
Contract Position based at: Whitley, Gaydon and Ansty Park (Includes remote working)
Rate: - Up to £27.97 Ltd (which equals £21.89/hr PAYE rate)
An experienced Emissions Calibration Engineer is required to join an established team working on current and future applications and technologies. The role involves vehicle based emissions calibration activities primarily focussed on real world driving.
The candidate must be able to demonstrate professionalism, diligence and a focus on technical delivery in a calibration team environment.
- Tailpipe emissions test
- Data analysis of engine management and emissions data
- Calibration and Controls
- Experience in a calibration and controls team in an emissions or performance function.
- Experience in identifying and solving root cause of complex combustion or emissions calibration related problems.
- Experienced user of engineering tools such as Matlab, Simulink, DIADEM, INCA, Concerto and CRETA.
- Experience of working within a calibration team and applying and improving methods, processes and engineering tools.
- Fundamental understanding of combustion engine and aftertreatment operation (Gasoline and Diesel) and control theory required.
- Experience applying control theory preferred.
- Knowledge of thermodynamics desirable.
- Interpretation and specification of emissions simulation data
Minimum qualification of a Degree (or equivalent) in relevant Engineering subject, e.g. Mechanical Engineering.
** THIS POSITION IS CONFIRMED INSIDE IR35 **
Please contact James Tilley for more details.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.