EMC Test Engineer - Attractive - Hampshire - Electronics - Permanent
A EMC Test Engineer is required to join a market leading Innovative Electronics Technology Company that specialise in RF and Telecommunications Systems Technology and they assist manufacturers in developing their products to industry standards and regulations.
This role will suit some one with Limited Industry experience.
The EMC Test Engineer will support and coordinate execution and timely completion of EMC Testing engineering projects by analysing and determining project specifications. The EMC Test Engineer will establish test programs for product investigations and examining samples for compliance requirements, and preparing reports for clients. The EMC Test Engineer position is a client- facing and may involve working with customers over extended periods of time to test their products, whilst helping them to solve compliance-related problems.
Responsibilities of the EMC Test Engineer
- Determine EMC project scope, develop a preliminary plan of investigation
- Communicate with clients to discuss technical issues, explain procedures and requirements Provides technical assistance to clients about product inspection and follow-up
- Establishes appropriate EMC test programs by reviewing information & examining samples.
- Familiar with applicable EMC standards.
- Examine EMC samples for compliance with requirements and notify client as necessary.
- Conduct laboratory activities by preparing data sheets and instructions to technicians.
- Communicates project status and results to clients and preparing reports.
- Integrate continuous improvement concepts and techniques into all aspects of the job.
- Resolves engineering issues associated and Analyse EMC test program for adequacy.
- Assists in developing special EMC test methods and test equipment.
Qualifications and Desired Characteristics of the EMC Test Engineer
- A Degree Qualified person within Electronics and Communication Systems or Relevant Engineering or Scientific subject.
- The ideal candidate would have experience with EMC testing techniques.
- Experience of working on projects where detail is important.
- Understanding of the commercial compliance activities for EMC products/methodologies.
- Experience of working in a technology based service industry or in a customer-facing role.
- Experience with EMC Performance Testing or an ability to demonstrate an advanced practical knowledge of EMC principles and equipment.
- Ideally has experience of working within an EMC compliance testing
Security Clearance may be required for this position due to the nature of the Products
If you feel you meet the requirements for the role of the EMC Test Engineer then apply directly or contact Peter Heap at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on either 01384 446102 or email with suitable MS Word format CV's