£32.20 - 32.20 per hour
An EMC Systems Engineer (Electromagnetic Compatibility Systems Engineer) is required to join an automotive OEM based in Essex.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Electromagnetic Compatibility, EMC, team of a multi-national vehicle manufacturer and the successful candidate will work on various vehicle programs including passenger cars and light commercial vehicles. Key roles and responsibilities are listed below:
- Lead the component level EMC compliance process
- Review and approve component level EMC test plans and test reports
- Coordinate and chair regular data review meetings with design engineers, suppliers and EMC engineers from other regions of the company
- Support vehicle EMC applications engineers in the development of component EMC test plans for new or complex product and technologies
- Coordinate and attend technical design reviews with suppliers during early development phase of new programs
- Support resolution of issues identified during verification tests *Perform vehicle level EMC tests and support issue resolution
- EMC testing and design for EMC.
- Project management skills
- Knowledge of EMC specifications
- Knowledge of automotive EMC testing to ISO11451, ISO11452, CISPR12, CISPR25, ECE Regulation 10
- Electronic circuit design
- CAE methods for EMC
- Experience in the Automotive industry
- EMC certification
- Whole vehicle type approval
- Preparation and approval of EMC test plans
- Familiarity with human exposure to electromagnetic fields
- Radio reception
- Excellent oral and written communications
* Degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline
**THIS POSITION IS CONFIRMED INSIDE IR35**
Contract to end of Dec 2021
The position will require occasional travel within the UK and Europe. It may also be necessary to visit USA or China. Therefore, the applicant needs to be able and willing to travel.
Full UK driving license is essential.
To apply for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.