Attractive + Benefits
about 2 years ago
EMC Engineer - Aerospace and Defence
Location: Dorset - Permanent - Attractive
A leading supplier of critical control systems within the aerospace and defence sector is in search of an EMC Engineer to be based at their site in Dorset. The EMC Engineer will support both platform and equipment level engineering teams, by contributing to requirements, influencing design. The EMC Engineer will incorporate good EMC practice planning verification methods, as well as planning, executing, interpreting and reporting on test and analysis activities to show compliance to relevant EMC requirements and standards.
This role is ideally suited to someone with experience working within the EMC and Lightning field in the Aerospace industry, who is willing to drive EMC design and qualification activities across multiple projects for the organisation. It is anticipated that the successful candidate will progress to become an EMC Technical Specialist for the business.
As an EMC Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Relevant degree or a recognised engineering apprenticeship and HNC/HND.
- Experience of development engineering activities.
- Experience in defining and executing EMC qualification plans.
- Producing technical documentation to support qualification.
- Experience defining and commissioning test setups.
- Performing environmental and functional testing at component and system levels.
- Knowledge of EMC standards to include DO160, MIL-STD's and Def Stans.
- Knowledge of EMC standards of aerospace primes.
As an EMC Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
- Assessment of customer EMC/Lightning requirements.
- Subsequent development of internal/supplier system and equipment requirements.
- Contribution to design, to ensure that EMC and lightning are considered appropriately.
- Composition of test plans & procedures to gather data or qualification evidence.
- Carrying out EMC and lightning tests.
- Reporting test results and analyse implications to compliance and safety.
- Assessing the potential EMC impact of design changes.
- Peer review of technical documentation.
- Customer and supplier facing responsibilities to discuss and agree qualification plans.
- Review of equipment qualification data from suppliers.
Security Clearance will be required for this position due to the nature of the Product involved.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly or for further information on this role, please contact Peter Heap at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446102 or email suitable CV's