- Sector: Off-Highway
- Function: Embedded Systems & Electronics
- Contact: James Tilley
- Contact Email: James.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446126
- Expiry Date: 07 February 2022
- Job Ref: 60229
Embedded Software Senior Engineer
Up to £50/hr - Inside IR35
Peterborough/Remote - Hybrid
Off Highway - Diesel Engines
The successful applicant for this position will join the European Controls & Software team, which is responsible for engine control system development and battery management system (BMS) software development for all small and medium powertrain programmes and will be involved in the design and development of the BMS controls and software for a major product development programme.
This position offers the opportunity to work on an exciting programme, applying cutting-edge electrification technology to the off-highway industry, with a diverse range of applications.
- Work with process partner teams (primarily Advanced Power Products) to gather and develop requirements for the BMS controls being developed for Gen 2 battery packs.
- Create control algorithms / software models using Matlab, Simulink and Stateflow to meet BMS software requirements.
- Conduct control system tuning / calibration activities on test bench and / or on pack / machine to achieve desired system performance.
- Conduct sub-system FMEAs, documenting potential failure modes, identifying and completing design and validation actions and managing subsequent updates.
- Plan and execute verification and validation testing for electronics / control system software in SiL, HiL or on-pack or development machines.
- Troubleshoot and resolve electronics / control system issues encountered during pack running.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Strong technical background (good technical degree preferred in mechanical, electronic, electrical, control systems or automotive engineering) though other qualifications / experience will be considered.
- Significant experience of using Mathworks tools (Matlab, Simulink and Stateflow) for model-based software design and development to create embedded software.
- Significant, demonstrable experience of real-time control development for electric powertrain, engine, transmission, hydraulics or similar.
- Ability to translate and develop customer requirements and objectives into production-ready software models.
- Knowledge of software FMEA and validation plan creation.
- Excellent communications skills
- Strong customer focus
- Good understanding of electrification or at least some of the elements of electric powertrain (battery systems, motors, inverters, power electronics).
- Experience of control software processes and tools.
- Experience of HiL test equipment and the ability to programme automated tests.
- Knowledge of software version control systems, ideally GiT or Clearcase.
- Knowledge of / prior experience of developing software to meet functional safety requirements
Please contact James Tilley for more details.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.