3 months ago
Jonathan Lee Recruitment are currently looking for an Embedded Software Manager for an excitng R&D company. You will be responsible for the management of the Embedded Software Engineers within Technical Research working alongside the New Product Innovation teams. Below are the sklills required for this particular role.
Minimum technical knowledge:
- In-depth knowledge of common software design methodologies and embedded software development in C/C++.
- Familiar with the requirements for real time embedded software applications and demonstrable experience of working within real time constraints.
- Knowledge of Linux and FreeRTOS based systems.
- Ability to derive software requirements from product level requirements and derive own requirements when limited information is available.
- Detailed knowledge of low-level embedded microcontroller-based motor control systems and associated power systems.
- Significant experience of developing for ARM platforms including Cortex M series devices.
- In depth understanding and application of version control systems.
- Good quality engineering process understanding and appreciation.
- Familiar with creating requirement documents.
- Experience of working in a laboratory environment.
- Use of lab equipment to set up experiments and to take precise measurements.
Essential Management skills:
- Previous people management experience.
- Proven ability to build and manage supplier relationships.
- Ability to manage several projects running concurrently.
- Budget setting and management.
Additional experience that is desirable:
- Use of Atlassian tools (JIRA, Fisheye, Crucible etc)
- Knowledge of Python / Matlab scripting
- Developing low level device driver software
- UML knowledge
- Verilog / VHDL and FPGA experience
- Knowledge of a wide range of communication interfaces including I2C, SPI, UART desirable
- Practical experience of building and testing electronic hardware will be beneficial
Suitably qualified and experienced Embedded Software Managers should apply by contacting Paul Coates at Jonathan Lee Recruitment +44(0) 07947 342 592 or by emailing their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.