Birmingham, West Midlands
£40000 - £45000 per annum
about 2 years ago
Embedded Software Engineer - Birmingham - Electronic/Automation
£40,000 to £45,000 per annum
The main function of this position is to design, develop and test software for embedded electronic systems for a range of microcontroller based products. These product applications serve both internal and external customers.
As the Embedded Software Engineer your responsibilities will include;
- Participate in customer requirements capture, solution conceptualization, proposal and specification.
- Design, develop, test and maintain embedded micro controller software using C/C++ in mBed & MPLAB X environments based on agreed specifications.
- Design and development of supporting drivers and utilities for said embedded systems.
- Design validation and testing of said embedded systems.
- Liaison with customers, managing expectations and following project management guidelines.
As the Embedded Software Engineer you will require the following skills and experiences;
- Electrical, Electronics or Systems degree.
- Ability to interpret digital, analogue and mixed signal electronic hardware schematics, circuits and datasheets.
- Fully proficient in C / C++ programming for popular embedded microcontrollers.
- Fully proficient in C# / VB.Net programming for Windows for supporting utilities.
- Familiar with one or more of the following IDE's: mBed, Microchip MPLAB X, Eclipse or Keil Microvision.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity please click on the link to apply.