£45,000 to £55,000 Depending on experience
almost 2 years ago
Embedded Software Engineer 45292
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000
Location: Wiltshire , South West
Posted Date: 31/7/2019
Expiry Date: 30/8/2019
We are looking for a software engineer to join our team as we expand our connected product portfolio. Reporting through the Software Engineering Manager, you will be a key member of the embedded software team and will help to develop the next generation of connected solutions for our client`s future products. You will work in a scrum / agile environment and have the opportunity to have the opportunity to develop your career surrounded by like-minded industry experts.
We work in a supportive environment, in a team that is constantly aiming to improve itself. We are looking for someone who shares this ethic, and expresses a desire to create high quality, robust code to solve diverse real-world problems. You must be fluent in C/C++ and be familiar with embedded software development using real time operating systems. You should be comfortable in the whole product life cycle, including design, implementation, debugging, testing and deployment of application code.
- Development and delivery of embedded software and communication protocols for consumer products, using agile practices
- Development of tools to support embedded software product development
- Development of testing and validation strategies
- Maintenance and enhancement of software for existing products
- Administration and maintenance of supporting infrastructure for software development
- Integration of software with hardware
- Experience of developing real-time embedded products
- Experience in high level languages including: C and C++
- Experience of RTOS and/or embedded OS e.g. FreeRTOS, ThreadX, Linux etc
- Exposure to one or more of the following: WiFi (802.11), Bluetooth V4 or V5, ZigBee, NFC, 802.15.4, 3GPP, MQTT
- Knowledge of UML
- Ability to work effectively in an agile (Scrum) environment
- Strong communication skills
It would be a bonus if you also had:
- Experience in Python
- Knowledge of the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Experience of Atlassian Development and Collaboration tools (JIRA, Confluence, Stash etc.)
- Experience of design using tools such as Enterprise Architect or PlantUML
You will also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops.
Please send your CV with salary expectations and notice period to david. powers @jonlee.co.uk.