Embedded Software Engineer (42475)
Salary Range: £35,000 - £45,000
Location: South West, Wiltshire
Posted Date: 14/05/19
Expiry Date: 13/06/19
Developing embedded software to enable features and functions across a range of our client`s products.
• Analysis of high level requirements into efficient algorithms and clean architectures
• Fast prototyping of complex ideas onto embedded devices
• Developing real-time embedded software for production consumer products on a range of silicon platforms, mainly ARM based
• Debugging real time software issues using a range of techniques and tools
• Integrating software with hardware and mechanics
• Creating tools to support embedded software product development
• Demonstrable experience of bare-metal low level microprocessor software development with C or C++
• Debugging complex software problems.
• Programming simple engineering GUI applications for PCs
• Strong understanding of electronics, and the ability to debug at the circuit level
• Software Configuration Management tools (source control, continuous integration, etc.)
• Ability to plan and estimate development tasks (ideally within an Agile framework)
• Experience in defining software architectures and high level requirements
• Strong belief in documentation, and the ability to communicate through design
• Strong background in real time embedded C, C++, and object oriented coding for embedded systems
• Unit/acceptance testing and creation of inherently testable code
Our client provides professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code. It is an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.
In order to increase your chances of being shortlisted please ensure you submit a supporting statement in addition to your CV clearly addressing how you meet the essential and desirable criteria as outlined above, plus details of your current and required package.