£25 - 32 per hour
Embedded Software Integration Engineer
Up to £32/hr - Inside IR35
Peterborough/Remote - Hybrid
The Embedded Software Integration Engineer will join a European Engine Application Software team, who are responsible for engine control software development and will be heavily involved in the design and development of the application software.
This position offers the opportunity to work on cutting edge engine software technology for medium and large engines.
- Development and evolution of software code using C.
- Development of test cases to enable feature testing on HIL.
- Troubleshoot and resolve electronics / control system issues encountered during build and test of engines. Interface between user areas and electronics system development engineers to implement solutions to affected users.
- Integration, configuration and compilation of subsystem software libraries.
'Must Have' key skills and competencies for this role
- Good technical background (good technical degree preferred in mechanical, electronic, electrical, control systems or automotive engineering) though other qualifications / experience will be considered.
- C Programming Language experience in complex embedded programming and debugging (2 years plus experience).
- Embedded Software development processes including requirements, archiving, planning and performing validation/debugging of software functionality.
- Relevant knowledge of the associated interfacing electronic system aspects such as communications protocols (CAN/J1939), components (sensors, switches, actuators), diagnostics, algorithms etc.
'Desirable' key skills and competencies for this role
- Python knowledge/experience.
- Matlab Simulink and Stateflow experience.
- Testing Experience on dSpace.
- GIT, or equivalent, source control.
- Forcast - or equiv calibration mgmt. tool.
- Agile software development experience understanding.
Please contact James Tilley for more details.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.