- Sector: Electronics & Embedded
- Function: Engineering
- Contact: Paul Coates
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 07947 342592
- Duration: permanent
- Start Date: as soon as possible
- Expiry Date: 14 July 2022
- Job Ref: 61952
Jonathna Lee Recruitment are looking for an Embedded Software Engineer for a Consumer Electronics IoT company based in Derbyshire which is commutable either from Nottingham or Derby, the role details are below.
Job Purpose The Embedded Software Engineer will be responsible for the creation, improvement and maintenance of high quality embedded software, by working on various NPD and post-development support projects as part of the company roadmap. The role will work closely with the Software Solutions Architect to learn existing product technologies and identify opportunities for improvement, and also work with the wider Product Innovation Team, other functional teams within the business, and external partners and service providers.
Product Innovation Team Accountabilities
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally across the PIT team on all aspects of research & development to help in delivering.
- Contribute to the progress of the Company by actively working towards personal and company operational plans.
- Contribute to the development of a cross-functional R&D team to ensure that all processes are completed timely and accurately.
- Develop and maintain relationships within the R&D team and across the business, as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain relationships within internal departments, external customers, suppliers and partners, as appropriate.
- Ensure that the Company maintains a consistent, transparent, legally compliant and ethical approach in all aspects of its business and day to day operational activities.
- Embody the `One Team` approach and communicate effectively across the Product Innovation Team and all other functional areas.
- Support the design, testing and implementation of firmware across the portfolio devices
- Working on agile projects from initial requirements and feasibility to production and commercial deployment
- Design, develop, code, test and debug system software. Review and improve design of existing code
- Ensure all code complies with industry standards, best practice and legislative / regulatory requirements.
- Develop an expert working knowledge of existing products to provide post-development support - Integrate and validate new product designs. Support software QA and optimize I/O performance
- Collaborate with in-house and third-party hardware development teams to ensure overall system performance
Skills / Experience
- Demonstrated experience in software engineering and, more importantly, a passion for coding.
- Experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets - Solid programming experience in C++, Python and PHP.
- Understanding of pre-emptive, multitasking real-time operating systems
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review
- Knowledge of OS coding techniques, IP protocols, interfaces and hardware subsystems
- Adequate knowledge of reading schematics and data sheets for components
- Enthusiastic, committed with strong communication and listening skills with excellent attention to detail
- Adaptability and willingness to continually improve and explore the feasibility of research development
- Strong organisational and listening skills, with a genuine passion for technology and appetite to learn
- Excellent PC skills in Outlook/Word and Excel. Understanding of Jira and agile project methodology
- Experience of added value technical products / solutions with a quality focus and technical bias
Suitably qualified and experienced Embedded Software Engineers should apply by contacting Paul Coates at Jonathan Lee Recruitment +44 (0) 1926963292 or by emailing their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.