- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Software and IT
- Contact: Paul Branton
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01268 455525
- Expiry Date: 18 May 2022
- Job Ref: 61462
Embedded Software Engineer
£Competitive plus benefits
An Embedded Software Engineer is required to support global projects providing efficient development of control systems (ECUs) and / or powertrain development for internal combustion engine (ICE) gasoline and diesel technologies. Candidates with familiarity of system interfaces such as CAN, JTAG, I2C, OCDS, AUD, RTD, DAP, Aurora and Ethernet would be well received.
Due to expansion and growth this company, a provider of user friendly software and high reliability hardware solutions for the measurement, calibration and diagnostics (MCD) sector, require an Embedded Software Engineer to take responsibility for new product development and maintenance/enhancement to existing embedded software. As an Embedded Software Engineer you will be required to:
- Produce detailed technical design of system architecture and software components based on requirements
- Development and execution of unit test procedures
- Development and execution of system test procedures
- Development and updating of documentation on work performed
The Embedded Software Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Degree qualified in a relevant subject
- Experience with using C++, C and Assembly in the development of embedded software
- Experience with using Object Oriented programming techniques in the development of embedded software
- Experience with RTOS and multi-tasking interrupt based embedded software development
- Experience using ICE and debuggers in the development of embedded software
- Able to understand and intelligently debug existing software
- Solid understanding of general programming software technology
- Knowledge of and understanding of software design patterns
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with a good understanding and appreciation of software development life-cycles to develop your career.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as an Embedded Software Engineer and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Embedded Software Engineer role, please contact Paul Branton at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 455525.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.