Title: Embedded Software Architect
Salary Range: £28.70 - £30.65
Division: Electrical Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
An Embedded Software Architect is required to work for a prestigious leading automotive OEM based in the Heart of the Midlands. The position will be a long term contract role based in Warwickshire. Our client requires someone with passion and drive to join their team. This is a great opportunity for an engineer with the right skills and approach to come and work in a fast paced, exciting environment.
This role of Embedded Software Architect focuses on networking and network gateways, including software architecture design within the AutoSAR framework, working with the systems, controls, and software engineers to decompose incoming 'black box' level change requests down to the software unit level, interface definition to support integration of multiple software components, definition of low level ECU architecture including startup-shutdown, task scheduling, interrupt design, and network interfaces.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle for embedded applications
- Experienced in software architecture definition including software and software-hardware interface definition.
- Experience of networking and communication protocols and associated software / drivers.
Other experience includes:
- Experience in software architecture definition, preferably including AutoSAR and multicore / multiprocessor systems.
- Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle for embedded applications, including specification, architecture design, implementation, build and integration process, test, release and maintenance.
- Knowledge of model based and code based software development principals including embedded 'C', and relevant standards such as MISRA. Automotive SPICE
- Experience of networking and communication protocols and associated software / drivers. This should ideally include Ethernet and automotive standards such as CAN, Flexray and DOIP, though strong candidates from other industries will also be considered.
- Specification authoring, requirements decomposition and change management, including software and software-hardware interface specifications, and sequence diagrams.
- Strong organisational, project management and communication skills essential.
- Assertive behaviours where required manage trade-offs between stakeholders.
- SysML and associated tools such as IBM Rhapsody
- Use of requirement and change management tools such as IBM Rational DOORS, RTC, SVN or similar.
- Robustness analysis and test techniques (e.g. noise factors, design tolerances)
- Quality and safety tools and processes e.g. Fault Tree Analysis, FMEA, ISO26262
- Experience working with offshore software development teams and / or 3rd party ECU suppliers
- Degree in Electronics, Computer Science / Software, Automotive / Aerospace / Telecoms Engineering or similar subject, or equivalent industry experience
WHAT YOU WILL GET:
In return for your experience offer:
- Hourly rate of up to £30.71 Ltd
- Long term contract initially until March 2018 with potential to be renewed yearly
- Experience working with a leading automotive OEM
If you are interested Please APPLY NOW