- Sector: Electronics & embedded
- Function: Embedded Systems & Electronics
- Contact: Dean Liszewski
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 07947 344040
- Expiry Date: 17 November 2021
- Job Ref: 59017
Jonathan Lee Recruitment requires Embedded Software Engineer to join a leading technology company in either Crawly or Cambridge (optional) its Hybrid working so 50% remote only a few days onsite required.
The R&D embedded software engineer is a senior engineering position within the newly created Global R&D team. This individual will be responsible for devising, developing, and supporting new embedded software for our computer boards and electronic hardware, which will become part of the company products of the future.
Who we are and what we do:
We are experts in design, manufacture and integration of Display Solutions, Human Machine Interfaces (HMI) and Control Software. We have presence in key global markets – Americas, Europe, and Japan, with manufacturing facilities in Taiwan and China. This footprint gives us the unique ability to give a high level of service our customers locally – on their time zone, in their language, in their offices – while also offering solutions which represent great value in performance and quality.
Our Display Solutions business creates bespoke displays to solve specific or complex customer requirements – for example ultra-high-performance, medical and highly precise test and measurement requirements.
Our HMI business combines our expertise in displays with tactile sensing, embedded electronics, mechanical design, and processing to create technically unique products to improve the way in which users can interact with devices
Our Control Software business enables connectivity and control of complex environments, where the co-ordination of many different devices is required to achieve an integrated result, such as a broadcasting studio, medical centre, or large office building.
Our Display Solutions business is driven by specific customer requirements (1 customer: 1 solution), while in HMI and Control Software we have a clear and exciting product roadmap of innovation driving an evolving and expanding product portfolio (1 solution: many customers).
Conceptualised Software Solutions – Taking a customer problem or an engineering problem and being able to scope out potential software solutions, including software ecosystems and development tools, for evaluation by the product team,
Feature Previews – For the most attractive or highest priority features, developing this through internal resources and third parties to a level suitable for evaluation by the product team
Hardware Support – Where the customer solution represents a combination of hardware and software, providing software pre-releases suitable for validating and demonstrating hardware in development
Software Release and Support – For projects that are identified for commercial release, providing phased software releases, providing post-release support, and educating internal staff and customers in the detailed workings of the software. This includes porting existing software to our hardware platforms, testing & debugging software, and supporting customers with their development and troubleshooting.
- Low-level programming (firmware and drivers)
- High-level programming (OS porting (drivers, kernel – Linux, Android))
- Developing and implementing software for QC, stress-tests
- Support for software and hardware testing
- Managing and supporting programming of demo software, GUI, and applications
Qualifications and Experience:
- 2-years’ experience in programming in C/C++, bash/python/Java
- 2-years’ experience in GNU/Linux environment (Desktop and embedded systems)
- 2-years’ experience in development of embedded products
- Bachelor’s degree in electronics or computer science
Knowledge and Other Skills:
- Good knowledge of IT (Desirable)
- Good knowledge of different program languages (Desirable)
- Good knowledge of ARM-based embedded programming (Desirable)
- Good knowledge of different OS (Desirable)
- Experience with packaging software for Debian (Desirable)
- Experience with Yocto (Desirable)
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Willingness to travel abroad, visiting clients and prospects with Sales and Technical teams
- Good communication skills
- Chinese language would be an advantage
- Windows, MS Office, CRM Tools, SAP
Our business is small enough to move fast, yet large enough to be able to invest and take on big challenges.
We are smart, fun, and reliable, as a result, we are very proud that many of our customers have been working with us for over a decade – we believe this is because our customers enjoy working with us, we invent great solutions for them, and we look after them long after the sale has been completed. We are diverse and culturally connected – we talk to customers in their language, in their time zone and in person, via our global team.
We are an equal opportunities employer, we are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships
If this is of interest please send me your latest CV and mobile number. My contact details are - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Mobile: 07947 344040
We also have a £300 referral reward scheme for successfully placed engineers. Please send me any colleagues or friends who you think might be suitable.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.