A graduate software engineer is required for a company that specialise in beyond visual line of sight (BVLOS) inspection and maintenance using UAVs. Their customers operate in a number of sectors including oil & gas, energy, defence and rail.
The role will be working to develop embedded software for Flight Control Systems for their UAV platform.
As a Graduate Software Engineer your responsibilities will include:
- Developing Application Program Interfaces and full Flight Control Systems using LabVIEW
- Implementation of flight algorithms and control routines for autonomous BVLOS flights.
- Optimising and ensuring reliability of network communications.
- Developing drivers for sensor systems.
The Graduate Software Engineer should have the following:
- MSc or MEng qualification in a relevant subject (Computer Science, Mathematics, Software Engineering etc).
- Experienced in programming using LabVIEW, included OOP and RTOS programming.
- Capable user of embedded C or C+ programming language.
- Professional experience in control theory and programming.
- Some knowledge of rotary or fixed wing UAV platforms for commercial purposes.
This is an excellent opportunity for a junior programmer or graduate with relevant internship or placement experience to develop your career and work in a growing high-tech sector.
If you feel you meet the requirements for the role of the Graduate Software Engineer please contact Tom Duckett at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.