£20 - 24 per hour + PAYE
4 months ago
Electronics Test Engineer
Contract - Up to £24.00 per hour (PAYE) Inside IR35
Electronics Test Engineer
To support the Electrical & Electronic (EE) Test team with:
- The validation of body electrical systems, access systems, mechatronics systems, and network communications in vehicle for functional, performance and/or reliability to design/test standards/specifications and regulatory requirements.
- Creation of test plans to meet with project and design milestones
- Creation of testing procedures, confirmation of vehicle spec and test parts required for test, includes arrangement of vehicle transportation when required
- Overall vehicle test technical coordination role where required (project leader).
- Formal reporting of test results to design sections and to upper management
- Root cause investigation and countermeasure recommendation.
- Technical support to the production plant when necessary
- Field investigation support on occasion
- Some management of suppliers
Deliverables / KPIs / SLAs
- Test/investigation reports, test plan, and test method
- Secure the quality of electrical systems to company standards
- Complete responsible validation within project milestones
Qualifications, skills training requirements
- Be degree qualified (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline
- Understand electrical theory and the operation of electronic devices
- Have fluent written and verbal English language capability.
- Have experience of software application into vehicle ECUs in the manufacturing environment - flashing, coding/configuration and calibration.
- Be able to risk assess software modifications and develop appropriate test plans
- Understand network communications and multiple bus principles (CAN, LIN, Ethernet)
- Be able to operate CANalyzer and CANape software or similar and interpret the results
- Be able to follow system circuit diagrams and identify electrical connections
- Be able to demonstrate and have practical experience in problem solving tools and techniques
- Be conversant with digital oscilloscopes, and basic electrical test equipment.
- Have relevant experience in automotive electrical and electronic system development, completing a minimum of two vehicle developments, or be able to demonstrate equivalent experience.
- Have good written and verbal communication
- Be able to travel abroad, typically a few days to 2 weeks, but on rare occasions travel may be long distance and for up to 10 weeks and/or at short notice.
- Competent with PC applications. Including Microsoft excel and project.
- Self-motivating and self-managing. Pro-active. Positive. Energetic personality and flexible regarding working practice and working hours.
- Ability to prioritise and multitask between multiple projects simultaneously
Please contact James Tilley for more details.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.