Job title: Electronics Technician
Salary: Up to £22.00 per hour LTD
Industry: Electronics, Controls & Instrumentation
An Electronics Technician opportunity has become available for one of the world's leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
This role is part of the Electronics, Controls and Instrumentation Department based at a state of the art Europe Research & Development Centre in Peterborough, UK.
Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager, this vacancy is a servicing and maintenance position, with emphasis on electronic and control systems knowledge and experience. The role will assist engineers in conducting technical investigations of current and future instrumentation, components and processes both in laboratory and field environments. Operating in a fast paced and professional technical environment, this role will provide an interesting variety of responsibilities and activities, with the opportunity to work both as part of a wider team and independently utilising initiative.
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- Either Apprentice qualified in a technical apprenticeship with electrical/electronic bias or equivalent extensive industry experience
- Theoretical knowledge or experience of electronics and control systems
- The capacity for continuous learning
- Previous experience in calibrations of test equipment
- Knowledge of measurement systems and equipment, an understanding of possible errors within the measurement chain, this includes, (but is not exclusive to): Speed, Torque, Pressure and Temperature
Please contact James Tilley for details.