Job Title: Electronics Packaging Design Engineer
Our Client are a brand new R&D facility for a long-established rail and automotive power electronics semiconductor manufacturer of IGBTs and DC Converters.
Successful applicants will be responsible for overall structural design of automotive power electronic products, as well as analysis and calculation during the design, define technical specifications for subunit, and manage deliverable results/reports.
- Responsible for R&D, verification of new technologies, structures, and promotion of product implementation.
- Responsible for structure design of product, including 3D/2D drawings of assemblies and parts, as well as analysis and calculation during the design.
- Responsible for thermal management design of new products.
- Definition of BOM lists.
- Responsible for defining test methods for mechanical experiments.
- DEFMEA of power modules and generating the relevant documents according to the APQP process.
Core Skills and Education
- A Degree or equivalent in a mechanical, mechatronics or similar subject.
- Familiar with mechanical structure design, especially automotive converter structure designs.
- Familiar with mechanical design principles, force analysis and tolerance analysis, etc.
- Has certain knowledge of product surface treatment processes.
- Experience using 3D modelling software such as Solid Edge or other 3D design software
- Familiar with automotive APQP documentation (DFMEA, special feature list, etc.) is highly desirable.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Electronics Packaging Design Engineer to develop your career in a fast paced, automotive technology company. In return for your experience, the company will offer you:
- 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays increasing with length of service.
- Free parking
- Free lunch Monday to Friday
If you feel you meet the requirements for the role of Electronics Packaging Design Engineer, then apply directly or contact Tim Parkes at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.