Manchester, Greater Manchester
£70000 - £75000 per annum + Benefits
about 2 years ago
Electronics Engineering Manager - Connected Device Technology
Salary up to £75,000 (DOE) + benefits
An Electronics Engineering Manager is required for a forward thinking, dynamic business that design and manufacture a range of advanced industrial connected devices used for commercial transactions. These are sold world-wide to many commercial organisations and used by millions of people every day. Their innovative range of products are becoming increasingly more sophisticated and incorporate contactless systems and sensor technology that can operate across multiple client platforms.
As Electronics Engineering Manager, you will lead a skilled team of Electrical, Electronic Design and Software Engineers involved in developing the next generation of innovative connected products. Your experience could include commercial or industrial automation, IoT applications, sensor technology, telecommunications, intelligent devices or consumer electronic products that are at the forefront of technology. It is likely that you will currently be working as an Electronics Engineering Manager, Technology Manager, Electronics Manager or Electronics Development Manager
As Electronics Engineering Manager, you will:
- Have experience working within advanced electronic product design that incorporates full lifecycle development of Hardware and Software/Firmware for diverse embedded electronics products. This will include analogue and digital technology for IoT applications, networked electronic devices, connected systems, sensors and associated control software.
- Have a real passion for advanced technology with a full understanding of IoT, connected devices, sensors, contactless systems and the successful integration of these applications.
- Have full management responsibility for existing and new product development that covers hardware and software applications for products used across the globe.
- Be degree qualified in a relevant technology-based discipline, Electronics, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, Physics, Telecommunications or Advanced Automation.
- Have experience of working on Electronic, Electro-mechanical R&D projects that require staged gateway reviews and management of key stakeholders both internal and external.
- Create a culture of continuous improvement with a focus on high employee engagement and self-directed work teams that will deliver exceptional engineering results.
- Have a track record that clearly demonstrates an ability to manage, coach and train technical staff, approachable and professional management style, results orientated with sound judgment and people skills, able to delegate and multi-task at pace.
- Have excellent influencing and communication skills (verbal, written and presentation), able to create understanding and a desire to change in the people you work with at all levels.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a business going through a technology and people transformation that will deliver a range of exciting new products. As Electronics Engineering Manager, you will be tasked with delivering a world class Electrical Engineering Department that will provide the highest levels of customer service and satisfaction through the development of people and application of advanced technology.