Electronics Engineer - Payment Systems
Our Client is the leader in world class automated payment solutions. We partner with businesses to provide payment experiences that set new and innovative standards for consumer convenience, security and reliability. We are excited to explore new ways every day to improve how millions of people across the globe can make their payments in a way that fits with their lives. Our global engineers develop products and deliver innovative solutions in currency validation technologies, cash management systems, digital payment technologies, mobile applications, security and digital advertising. We offer a range of devices for bill and coin validation, cash recycling and dispensing systems, IoT applications for our enterprise-level connected products and services, and software applications to integrate sensory hardware to machines and networks.
You will become a valuable part of an inclusive culture of collaboration and innovation with the support of over 2,000 associates working in one of our 15 offices across the world. If you want to have a hands-on global impact on payment solutions, we want you to join our team as an Electronics Engineer. This is a full time position based in our office in Oldham, UK.
Work in collaboration with all functional areas to design and develop products that meet customer specifications and company requirements for schedule, cost, production ability, quality and reliability.
- Generate schematics and perform detailed circuit analysis to verify design compliance to specific performance targets. Prepare and review technical reports/documentation necessary to satisfy customers, internal and program
requirements, including specifications, design documents, test plans/procedures, reports, etc.
- Investigate and provide technical engineering solutions to hardware related issues arising during development of the Companies product development strategy.
- Produce work which meets the Company quality requirements.
- Support activities within the Engineering Development department.
- Provide on time and to cost delivery of agreed product deliverables.
- Work as part of a general design team but also capable of working on their own initiative.
- Must manage their own career development, continuously learning through experience and staying abreast of technology.
- experience in the design and development of digital and analogue electronics principles and design is desireable.
- Familiarity with design and biasing of bipolar transistors and MOSFETs in oscillator and closed loop opto control systems.
- Able to specify suitable opamp / comparator for specific functions without over specifying with cost disadvantage.
- Understanding of power switching circuits including the specification of suitable power switches and flywheel diodes.
- Familiarity with resonant circuits based on opamp and comparitor building blocks.
- Some background in motor drive systems, perhaps in choice of brushless dc motors and drivers.
- Good awareness of optical and electromagnetic sensors and their functionality.
- General awareness of new technologies and their benefits.
- Able to use schematic capture [Cadstar, Mentor Graphics].
- Able to demonstrate technical expertise and technical delivery.
- Able to develop and manage a sub-project within the broader constraints of the overall project plan.
- Innovative and able to convert concepts into reality.
- Practical application of electronics design relating to EMC theory.
- Able to communicate, take part and contribute in technical discussions with other engineers and senior managers.
- Ability to deliver and complete projects to strict deadlines.
- Requires an Engineering qualification in a related discipline.
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply now, or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Tim Parks on 01384 446145
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.