£45k per year
3 months ago
Jonathan Lee Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Junior Electronics Engineer for a customer based in Kent the role enatils
- Support new product development programmes and help resolve technical problems. In particular provide assistance to help resolve any technical problems that may occur.
- Manage all aspects of the research activities assigned to you including costs and timescales.
- Ensure that all electronic designs that you are responsible for are 'fit for purpose' and meet relevant Safety, Reliability and Approval standards by means of Design Reviews, Risk Assessment, Examination and Testing.
- Control the design status of any tasks for which you are responsible by the generation and maintenance of the relevant Project Documentation and Reports.
- Provide support and assistance to Sales and Marketing, Manufacturing and Quality in areas where your expertise is of benefit.
- Development and introduction of production test tools
- Liaise with internal and external customers and suppliers including Sales and Marketing as necessary to fulfil the above tasks.
- Ensure that you operate in accordance with Company Procedures and the approved Quality System and document all work activities within your remit.
- Ensure that safe working practices are strictly adhered to in a safe working environment, in accordance with the statutory provisions of current Health & Safety legislation.
- Self-motivated/self-starter with the ability to work across multi-site/multi-cultural teams.
- Ensure and enforce health and safety regulations
- To perform such other duties commensurate with the position that may be requested from time to time by the Senior Management team.
- BS Engineering Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 2+ years of electronic engineering work experience.
- Background in avionics or marine electronics would be an asset.
- Lean product development experience preferred.
Skills and Competencies Requirements
- Knowledge of the Design & Development of analogue & digital circuits, switch mode PSU & PCBs for medium volume production. An emphasis on designing for Lithium/Alkaline battery powered devices. Experience of discrete and modular VHF/UHF RF circuitry 500 KHz up to 400Mhz (PA, PLL, CDMA, and Receiver design), or embedded firmware development would be advantageous.
- Competent in Word, PowerPoint and competent in manipulating data in Excel.
- Proven experience and record of delivering targets within a production environment
- A passion and motivation to continuously improve the production, processes, systems and work practices
- Excellent spoken and written communication in the English language, as well as the ability to raise action points with clarity and confidence in the presence of Senior Management.
- Operate in a logical and systematic manner and applying sound judgement
- Organisation and efficiency
- Problem solving skills
- Numerical skills Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and calculus.
Suitably qualified and experienced Junior Electonic Engineers should apply today by contacting Paul Coates at Jonathan Lee Recruitment +44(0) 07947 342 592 or by emailing their CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.