Negotiable plus benefits
over 1 year ago
An extremely interesting opportunity has arisen for an Electronics Engineer to join an extremely high-tech and specialist company based in Gloucester working within the Aerospace and Defence industries.
As the Electronics Engineer you will design, develop and implement innovative electro-mechanical design solutions from initial customer enquiry through to production, by finding unique solutions to solve security integrity issues of modern Electronics communications and multimedia products.
- Create innovative design solutions and implement modern design practices (DFM, DFA and DFX), manufacturing / prototyping processes.
- Work with team members and functions to ensure designs are fit for purpose and able to be manufactured cost effectively.
- Provide a strong understanding of implementing 4 Work as part of the design and development team to identify and recommend control and functional approaches to ensure compliance with UK and NATO standards.
- Support problem solving of design related issues on existing and new product developments.
- Create, manage and release design documentation and BOMs.
- Maintain a continuous assessment of new technologies and procedures to enable company growth and development.
- Engineering design authority for new developments and product derivatives.
- Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience:
- Detailed understanding of modern communications and IT equipment and uses in the secure and rugged markets.
- Experienced in supporting R&D and NPI initiatives.
- Have a strong understanding of EMC and EMI and able to use modern Electronic, RF and EMC test equipment.
- Have experience in providing cost estimates for NRE and product costings supporting technical response documents.
- Provide technical support and mentoring to colleagues and team members
- Experience in working in a regulated industry.
- Must be eligible to apply for SC Clearance (Essential).
- Competitive Salary and benefits
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience and wish to apply please send your CV to Philip Delaloye on or call on 01384446192