Our client, an automotive consultancy, are looking for a subject matter expert that will be responsible for automotive electronic design principles and that can clearly commutate and review vehicle module hardware design & detecting error states. They will then work with component teams and suppliers to ensure design robustness and compliances to client standards & are delivered robustly prior to a given design freeze. It is also essential for the SME to actively keep themselves up to date with technical knowledge and to share learning with their peers.
Area of Responsibility
- Act as technical subject matter expert for a team of component owners developing electronic components. This involves facilitating their understanding and application of the requirements in the customer
- Conduct design reviews using customer Electronics Design guidelines ensuring the correct design requirements have been met by the supplier. This will include environmental, packaging, interfaces and design for manufacture factors.
- To be able to manage, and administrate their own workload and learning.
- To be able to review schematics, PCB layouts, technical data sheets and design calculation.
- Understanding of high volume, high reliability of PCB manufacture and assembly processes.
- Must have a degree in electronics or alternative technical qualifications
- Must have experience of microcontroller based electronics projects (especially automotive)
- A knowledge of automotive vehicle networks
- Experience of developing high volume products from concept to production
- Key practitioner in problem solving techniques (eg:six-sigma)
- Understanding of DFMEA, PFMEA
- Must have strong, applied skills in automotive electronic hardware design.
- Must have experience in developing and delivering automotive electronic product or other equivalent experience
- Must be able to examine a proposed circuit design and layout, and identify potential issues which may affect reliability, robustness and EMC.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and can clearly articulate technical issues to all levels
- Must have high levels of integrity and self discipline, to ensure that issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Have a good understanding of most of the following: Power supply topologies, interfacing to microcontrollers, power switching, analogue design, digital circuits, EMC, stability analysis, vehicle network hardware, RF design, vehicle traction electronics, IGBTs.
Processes, systems and tools
- Simulation and analysis of electronic circuits
- MATLAB, MathCAD, LTSpice