Role: Electronics Design Engineer
Location: Dudley, West Midlands
Salary: Negotiable (Depending on Experience)
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Electronics Design Engineer to work for our client at their facility in the West Midlands.
The role will be responsible support Design activities that are carried out competently by the Design team, and align with the company’s business plan and strategic direction.
This involves providing support and assistance for Design operations, including procurement, scheduling and performance of Design services on customer sites or at companies premises to the required standard and customer specification.
- Designing, documenting and testing bespoke electronics systems, ensuring all technical documentation and information produced is filed and maintained correctly in accordance with company procedures and processes.
- Discussing and solving technical design issues and queries with production departments, suppliers and customers
- Enhancing and improving existing products and seeking new and innovative solutions.
- Providing support and assistance for Design operations, including procurement, scheduling and performance of Design services on customer sites or at companies premises to the required standard and customer specification.
Knowledge and skills:
- Ability to define and produce electrical/electronic wiring diagrams
- Knowledge of analogue and digital electronics, components and sensors
- Use of schematic capture and PCB layout software
- Knowledge of CE approval and EMC test requirements
- Altium designer and PCB layout.
- Analogue and digital circuit design and the ability to fully understand previously designed circuit diagrams and PCB layouts.
- Experience with the entire design process from circuit inception all the way to build, test and verification.
- Ability to repair and service existing equipment.
- Experience with mains / 3 phase systems.
- Some experience with C, C++, Python, Micropython and VHDL would be desirable.
- Documentation experience including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Working to internal standardized practices
- Some experience working to industry recognized standards including BS 7671 – 18th Edition for wiring regulations and IPC standards for best PCB layout practices
- Keen eye for detail.
- Open to getting involved in all aspects of mechanical and electronics development.
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.