Principal Electronics Designer (EV Systems)
£Highly Competitive Plus Benefits
Want to work for one of the most exciting British Motorcycling brands, driving engineering excellence across their range of products? Following a significant recent investment in the business, we are looking for an Electronics Design and Test Engineer to help grow the iconic product range.
As Principal Electronics Designer (EV Systems) you will be responsible for:
- Development of electronic systems for an Electric Vehicle such as Charger control unit, BMS, DC-DC converter, Motor Controller, Vehicle Controller etc. as per performance/ quality/ cost/ weight targets and plants manufacturing requirement
- Layout and packaging of above parts in the vehicle, considering all aspects of functionality and manufacturability
- Conduct FMEA (system / design) and apply all such tools in the design phase
- Define performance and reliability test parameters, procedures for such parts
- Keep track of global trends in relevant technology, regulations and develop long term road maps and appropriate work plans.
- Benchmarking and generation of ideas for better performance, quality, cost, weight etc.
- Root cause analysis for quality issues using QC tools and countermeasure actions
- Knowledge of automotive EMI/EMC standards is a must
As Principal Electronics Designer (EV Systems) you will have the following skills and experience:
- Be proficient in all tools for electronics circuit design, PCB layout/routing, simulation for circuits (Altium/ LTSpice), thermal/ EMI/EMC aspects and CAD tool, preferably Unigraphics
- Knowledge about automotive industry standards and regulations from an EMC standpoint
- Awareness about test box/fixture design
- Strong analytical skills and working experience on different analyses such as worst case, Monte Carlo, tolerance stack up, power dissipation, stress etc.
- Exposure to electronics manufacturing and validation facilities, hands on testing / test set-up experience is essential.
Applications will be welcomed from Electronics Design Specialists in the automotive, motorsport, EV and/or innovation arena. Interest in this position is expected to be high, please contact Paul Robson on 01384 446146 to discuss further or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.