Electronics & Electrical Engineer - R00006194
An Electronics & Electrical Engineer is required with experience of automotive Navigation system developments.
This company based in Cranfield requires an Electronics & Electrical Engineer with experience in automotive electrical and electronic development for a new contract role. As an Electronics & Electrical Engineer you will be required to carry out the following:
- Implementation of Navigation system for vehicles manufactured in Europe and Russia
- Negotiate and coordinate specification and vehicle specific requirements with global teams in Japan and North America.
- Managing Tier 1 suppliers to deliver products to Quality, Cost & Timing targets.
- Managing in house and supplier validation of components to design standard
- Collaboration with customer orientated engineering teams to ensure global products match European customer requirements
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing teams to ensure technical solution supports business objectives & with purchasing team to support sourcing and cost definition/reduction tasks.
- Collaborate with related engineering sections to ensure all system components are packaged and connected correctly to meet all system design and regulation requirements.
- Status reporting to management at all levels.
The Electronics & Electrical Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Have an understanding and experience of automotive Navigation system developments or similar
- Have relevant experience in automotive electrical and electronic development, completing a minimum of one previous vehicle development, or be able to demonstrate equivalent experience on a major development program, e.g. in aerospace, telecoms or similar.
- Have experience of managing Tier 1 suppliers in the development of a complex electronic product.
- Have good communication skills and be able to communicate effectively in a cross cultural and cross functional team.
- Self motivating and self managing. Pro-active. Positive. Affable and energetic personality.
- Flexible regarding working practice and working hours.
- Understand Mechanical Engineering principles, electrical theory and the operation of electronic devices.
- Knowledge of software and hardware development.
- Be able to travel abroad, typically a few days to 2 weeks, but on rare occasions could be longer.
- Competent with PC applications. MS office, etc.
If you have any questions about the Electronics & Electrical Engineer role or would like to apply, please contact Shannon Wade at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889262
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship