A unique opportunity has arisen for an Electronic / Embedded Software Engineer to join the Fastrac engineering department working for Europe's biggest manufacturer of construction equipment and we export over 75% of our products to 150 countries around the world.
As an Electronic / Embedded Software Engineer you will be working on both exciting and challenging new tractor programmes. Fastrac is a high speed, full suspension tractor; a premium product bristling with technology and innovation. We are an Engineering team passionate about our products and customers with exciting product plans fuelled by sales growth.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Reporting to the E&E Manager, you will join a highly focused, passionate project team, working on the most technologically advanced of products, the Fastrac. Specific duties are adaptable depending on your area of expertise:
- Design and development of new tractor-based embedded safety critical control systems including electronic control units, vehicle communications networks and displays in C language.
- Analysis and calculations of performance levels for Safety Related Parts of Control Systems (SRP/CS).
- Authoring of documentation including requirements specifications, technical documentation, test specifications, reports, user manuals and work instructions.
- Intuitive user interface design.
- Testing and validation of hardware, software and vehicle communication systems.
- Liaising with internal/external customers/departments, as required.
Skills and Experience Required
- You will be a competent engineer, self-motivated and demonstrate initiative, enthusiasm, a sense of urgency; the ability to communicate at all levels, coupled with experience in the automotive electronics sector.
- Knowledge of either agricultural tractors, commercial vehicles, off road vehicles or military vehicles would be a distinct advantage.
- Education to degree / HND level in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or a similar, relevant subject.
- Proficient in the C programming of safety critical software with knowledge of MISRA C guidelines.
- An appreciation that software is component within a complex mechanical system.
- Experience in electronic hardware and real time embedded design to control electromechanical and/or hydraulic actuators.
- Experience of microprocessors, development tools and emulators.
- Experience of software life-cycle management and associated tools (e.g. version control, defect tracking, code reviews).
- Experience of Matlab, Simulink and/or other relevant model-based tools for control systems design and validation.
- Knowledge of CAN bus networks, multiplexing and vehicle harness architecture.
- Knowledge of control systems and control theory.
- Experience of DFMEAs, risk assessment, FMEAs, Environmental Standards and EMC compliance.