Electronic Repair Technician - Cheltenham
We are looking for an Electronic Repair Technician, for a leading developer of mission and safety critical equipment in the aerospace and defence industries based in Cheltenham.
The Electronic Repair Technician is part of the Operations Repair Team, who are responsible for the strip, investigation, repair, final assembly and testing of products. This will involve bringing a piece of equipment in, visually inspecting it, running it through the test procedure, reporting the faults, then fault finding to identify the source of the faults. They will then be required to list the parts required to 'make good' the equipment, followed by a written investigation report. They will then repair and retest the product.
- Carry out diagnostic testing and determine root cause to identify the necessary corrective action.
- Act as the cell link into both the quality and engineering teams within the company.
- Be the technical champion and ensure technical compliance across the cell/team.
- Mentor staff where appropriate.
- To work with your suppliers to ensure the correct delivery of your requirements.
- Be an accessible technical point of contact for the team/cell by other areas of the business.
Skills and experience required
- IPC certified
- Knowledge of continuous improvement methods such as 'lean'.
- 5 years experience at level 3 minimum and/or a formal engineering qualification (NVQ/C&G/ONC etc)
- Must be able to read drawings and write investigation reports
- Must be able to follow test procedures and use both automated and hand held test equipment
- Must be able to fault find equipment and identify failures and their root cause
- Perfect colour vision - actual importance dependent upon specific role
- Previous experience in an electronics and/or PCB and/or harness manufacturing environment
- Previous experience in a supervisory capacity
Salary: Negotiable dependent upon experience
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience and wish to apply please send a brief copy of your CV and a covering letter, outlining your suitability for the role, please send your CV to Philip Delaloye on or call on 01384446192