£23 per hour Ltd or £18.04 PAYE
10 months ago
Body Control Module Application Engineer
Contract rates (£23 per hour Ltd or £18.04 PAYE)
Can you offer e xperience in electrical or electronic systems, hardware and/or software?
Are you fully conversant in all Design & Release tools (WERS / GPDS etc)?
Are you flexible to travel abroad as required?
The key responsibilities for this Body Control Application Engineer role will include;
- The design and release engineer for Body and Security electronics components, software and features for Commercial Vehicle applications.
- To develop product and feature definitions, assumptions and targets with Marketing, Program Planning and Program Management.
- Leading engineering tasks to support programme milestones and gateways
- To design, develop, integrate and test hardware and software to meet feature and system specification requirements, to program targets (cost, weight and timing).
- To lead sourcing with Purchasing, Finance and Cost Estimating.
- Project managing high volume electronics suppliers to deliver the required engineering development and testing support.
- To s upport packaging of sensors and ECUs - meeting functional design rules in CAD and associated DPA requirements.
- To lead compatibility review process, cascading requirements to interfacing components and modules - Support latest software processes, CAN message lists, signal database development, and cyber security.
- The planning and co-ordinating of design verification and validation testing to support engineering sign off gateways (HiL, SiL, Buck, Vehicle)
- To support prototype builds and production launches at vehicle assembly plants.
- Supporting manufacturing requirements, diagnostics and EOL compatibility.
- Leading investigations and resolutions for any test failures, launch issues and customer quality concerns.
- To support programme meetings, monitor delivery performance and conduct weekly status report-outs to management to forums.
- Using lessons learnt, quality data, and FMA tools for continuous improvement.
It is expected that the successful Application Engineer will be able to;
- Demonstrate the application and deployment of design methodologies, engineering processes and quality tools.
- Excellent knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and PC based apps. Project management skills with a thorough attention to detail.
- Able to demonstrate initiative, perseverance, and liaison skills working with a global team.
- Offer knowledge of VSEM, GPDS, eFDVS, AVBOM, WERS, AIMS and Teamcenter.
If keen to learn more about this Application Engineer role please contact Grant Nisbet on email@example.com for more details...
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.