Automotive Electronic Project Engineer
c£35,000 Per Annum
Our client provides engineering technology solutions to clients including major manufacturers and suppliers in the individual industry sectors requires an Electronic Project Engineer with experience working in an OEM for harness development for a new permanent role.
As an Electronic Project Engineer, you will be required to:
- Development of vehicle harnesses, power supply and other electrical components to design/test standards;
- Managing Tier 1 suppliers to deliver products to QCT (Quality, Cost, Timing);
- Promoting and generating cost optimisation in line with targets, strongly supporting Management;
- Managing in house and supplier validation of components;
- Countermeasure determination with Test groups;
- Status reporting to management on all items with emphasis on cost area.
The Electronic Project Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Experience working in an OEM for harness development or equivalent (working for a Tier 1 supplier will be considered as well);
- Show an understanding of electrical theory and the operation of vehicle electrical systems;
- Good problem solving skills;
- Strong project management skills;
- Have good communication and reporting skills;
- Be able to travel abroad, typically a few days to 2 weeks, but on rare occasions could be longer;
- Competent with PC applications. MS office etc. Especially Excel;
- Self-motivating and self-managing. Pro-active. Positive. Energetic personality and flexible regarding working practice and working hours;
- Passionate about the products and brand, diligent and trustworthy.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of vehicle electrical systems to develop your career.
If you have any questions about the Electronic Engineer role or would like to apply, please contact Tina Field at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889259