Job title: Electronic Engine Systems Engineer
Salary Range: Up to £35.00 per hour LTD
Industry: Off Highway
A Electronic Engine Systems Engineer has become available for one of the world's leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
You will join a team responsible for development and implementation of electrical and electronic control systems for diesel engines developed in the UK.
This role is the primary technical support for the Electronic system. It entails proactively working with other Electronics team members and with development partners to:
- Provide technical support to queries related to pinouts, schematic questions, software functionality support
- Investigate /Analyse / troubleshoot any reported quality issues.
- Raise and propose changes or improvements to components/system or processes.
- Create or modify software flashfiles based on approved requests and guidance from the Technical Lead. No software coding experience is necessary as this is a configuration task.
- Maintain & improve on software validation test plans.
- Review and support technical publications, ensuring that systems' technical contents are relevant and correct.
- Create and maintain system architecture diagrams and schematics.
- Participate in, or lead, the definition of the system architecture, and of the selection of Electronic components.
- Participate in, and maintain, the FMEA and validation.
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- Experience in the broad range of systems engineering activities involved in the development of Electronic Engine, machine or automotive control systems.
- Demonstrated experience of:
- Actively collecting and developing customer requirements.
- Documenting technical specifications.
- Defining electronic features and coordinating the development of them.
- Completion of initial verification testing of features.
- Participation in FMEA development.
- Good Electrical and Electronic knowledge with 'fault finding' capability
- Off-highway Electronic control system development experience (or comparable experience with automotive, marine or military vehicle control systems)
Please contact James Tilley for more details.