- Sector: Off-Highway
- Function: Powertrain
- Contact: James Tilley
- Contact Email: James.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446126
- Expiry Date: 22 October 2021
- Job Ref: 59217
Electronic Engine Systems Engineer
Up to £30/hr - Inside IR35
You will join a team who designs and develops electrical and electronic control systems for engine and machine prime products that are developed and produced in Europe. The Electronic Engine Systems Team is responsible for the development and implementation of electrical and electronic control systems for diesel engines developed in the UK.
The successful candidate will be working on a several projects to develop systems that meet both regulatory and customer requirements.
This role is the key technical support for the Electronic system. It entails proactively working with other Electronics team members and with development partners to:
- Provide technical support to queries related to pinouts, schematic questions, software functionality.
- Investigate /Analyse / troubleshoot/ coordinate resolution of any reported quality issues.
- Support development and engine facility technical queries.
- Raise and propose changes or improvements to components/system or processes.
- Create or modify software flashfiles based on approved requests and guidance from the Technical Lead. No software coding experience is necessary as this is a configuration task.
- Participate in, and maintain, the FMEA.
- Maintain & develop validation test plans for both software and electronic hardware.
- Review and support technical publications, ensuring that systems' technical contents are relevant and correct.
- Create and maintain system architecture diagrams and schematics.
- Participate in the definition of the Electronic system architecture, and of the selection of Electronic components.
'Must Have' key skills and competencies for this role
- Degree-qualified, or equivalent, engineer with experience in the broad range of systems engineering activities involved in the development of Electronically controlled Engine, machine or automotive control systems
- Good Electrical and Electronic knowledge with 'fault finding' experience
Demonstrated experience of:
- Actively collecting and developing customer requirements
- Documenting technical specifications
- Defining electronic features and coordinating the development of them
- Completion of initial verification testing of features
- Participation in FMEA development
'Desirable' key skills and competencies for this role
- Off-highway Electronic control system development experience (or comparable experience with automotive, marine or military vehicle control systems)
- Vector CANape and CANalyzer experience
- Experience of working to defined requirements
Please contact James Tilley for more details.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.