Electronic Controls Engineer (Machines)
Contract - Competitive (Inside IR35)
12 Months initial contract with view to extend
Peterborough - (WFH flexibility)
The successful applicant for this position will join the European Machine Systems team, who are responsible for machine control system development for all European designed machines and will be heavily involved in the design and development of the control systems.
This position offers the opportunity to work on cutting edge machine control system technology (including electric vehicle platforms) for the Compact Wheel Loader.
- Developing technical specifications for electronic features and integrating them into software
- Development and evolution of software models using Matlab Simulink and Stateflow
- Completion of verification testing of features
- Participation in FMEA development and functional safety analysis
- Development of test cases to enable automated HIL verification of control models
- Troubleshoot and resolve electronics / control system issues encountered during build and test of machines.
'Must Have' key skills and competencies for this role
- Good technical background (good technical degree preferred in mechanical, electronic, electrical, control systems or automotive engineering) though other qualifications / experience will be considered.
- Matlab Simulink and Stateflow experience
- Knowledge / experience of vehicle control systems and / or the development process for real-time control systems.
- Ability to translate customer requirements and objectives into production-ready software models.
- Ability to document complex technical concepts accurately and concisely.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Strong customer focus.
'Desirable' key skills and competencies for this role
- Demonstrated complex system engineering experience
- Battery/Electric vehicle knowledge/experience
Please contact James Tilley for more details.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.